Life is too short. Or, as the kids say, YOLO!

Every morning Jake gets up and weighs himself. This is motivational for him, and to his credit (and my annoyance because my body doesn't work like that), his weight has either held the same or gone down every day since we started this health kick.

My body stubbornly maintains its weight no matter how much I say 'no' for weeks on end, and then may, or may not, drop slightly.

So to that I say - BOO. Life is too short not to eat home made pasta and fresh tomato sauce. AM I RIGHT!?!?!? I AM RIGHT!

On the plus side, the running is going pretty well. I ran 'the loop' one evening last week, which is about 4 miles or so. Ok, I took a few walking breaks. But I ran 2/3rds of it before the first break! The downside is that my knees weren't impressed with all that exercise and swelled up a la ultimate afterwards. However, after some recovery time everything is fine - just can't jump like that distance-wise. Will stick to the shorter distances for a while, I guess.

So that's where things are at. In case you were wondering, which you probably weren't.

Comments

  1. cool! i hope this goes well for you. last weekend i did my first ever 10km race. i was surprised how much fun it was. keep up the good work. i to have had several running related pain that has sidelined me 2 weeks now. but hoping to do my next 10km in a month!

    sjf

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?