Nap Time

I know I've written about this before, but I'm just so in love with my sunroom nap time that I have to write about it more.

Today the sun is blazing in and if I lean forward just a little I can see two sundogs on either side of it. It's cold outside, but warm in here.

Basically, sitting under a sleeping baby is the best excuse to sit in the sun I have ever had. I can't clean, cook, do chores or anything else while he's napping. I just have to sit here and enjoy it. This is why it's hard to give up these cuddly naps - then I'd feel like I had to be DOING something during this 2 hour chunk of time! There are closets that need to be rearranged! Dishes to wash! Supper to prep! Laundry to do! But instead of all of that, I am sitting here in -30 weather, basking in sunlight, snuggling my baby. This is why the word bliss was invented. I know we won't be able to do this forever - eventually he'll be too big - but I'm sure soaking it up now, while it lasts.

I'm getting very excited about our upcoming trip - I love driving across this country and we are going to see so many wonderful people and places - but I think the thing I'll miss the most from home is these afternoon sunbaths. It's such a pure time of day.

I have a stack of books next to me, I have this laptop I'm writing on, I have a neck pillow if I want to doze. So many options available to me! How can I choose!

The one thing I haven't been able to bring myself to do which I had planned to do is make photo books! I'm dragging my butt on those hardcore! I had such grand plans to make books for all our years and trips and adventures! I'd be totally caught up! But alas, I haven't gotten much past organizing the renovation pictures, let alone wedding pictures! And we're about to go on another photo-book worthy trip! I need to get on that! But not today. Today is a dozing in the sun day :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?