Bummed

Honestly, I came home from our camping trip last week totally jazzed to write a love-note about our new tent-trailer.

I tried to do a draft of it. I was even going to include pictures.

But I can't.

I'm just bummed.

I'm bummed about Covid cancelling all our travel plans.

I'm bummed about being apart from our friends and family. Who knows when we will get to see the ones who live far away again?

I'm so deeply bummed about the discrepancy between the way white people and people of colour are treated. How could anyone kneel on another human's neck for 8 minutes, till after he stopped moving? It hurts my soul as a human, and I am not at risk of the same treatment; nor are my children. And only because of the colour of our skin.

Life feels heavy this week. And even though I am just thrilled beyond belief about my family and our family tent trailer and the adventures we'll have one day, today I am just bummed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?