BLING

When Jaker proposed to me, he presented me with a 'loaner' ring because the one he picked needed my final approval before it could be made (he also presented me with a canoe that is THE BEST, and which I will write about some other time). And now, almost two months later, I am wearing the real ring on my finger.

(Seems like it was a long wait, eh? There's a story there, about how first they made the wrong ring, and the diamond was crooked(!), and then I took it back and had them change it, and then I got it back again and the setting was uneven (one side bigger than the other side, but not enough so that it was funky and asymmetrical, just enough to be annoying), so I took it back and they told me 'you have an eagle eye!' and I wanted to say 'YOU have an effing MICROSCOPE', but we don't need to get into that now)

I have never worn a ring. I generally don't like the way it feels when you try to close all your fingers together and the ring is in the way. Also, I have really long and spindly fingers, and I never thought rings looked good on them.

Now I have this ring and I am all of the following:
- slightly sheepish, because I'm wearing a diamond on my finger, and I never thought I would.
- totally fascinated by the sparkle on my finger - every move my left hand makes seems more delicate and refined, somehow, even as I knock things over and spill things regularly.
- feeling like I now belong to the 'marriage club' - you know, those who wear rings - and wondering what that says about single life - is this being exclusive of people?
- kind of pumped about this symbol that is always with me.
- boggled by people who wear much bigger and fancier rings than mine (it's pretty simple) all the time and DON'T SEEM TO NOTICE. How do they do that? Will I ever be like that?
- loving it more and more.

I will post a picture, but I don't have one yet. You will all just have to wait :)

Comments

  1. I have been a bit behind on my reading of the life and times of Elisabeth and Jake. I'm catching up and I couldn't be more happy for you. I'm SO happy that YOU are happy (and loving it more and more;) -Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?