one.day.left.

This post shall be brief and will be about neither renovation nor wedding.

This year my teaching schedule sucks donkey balls, as they say, and there are three days out of a six day cycle that I have no preps. This may not ellicit much sympathy from non-teachers who can make the valid point that THEY don't get time to prepare to do their jobs, but let me tell you that having a different group of 25ish children between the ages of 12 and 14 show up at my door every 50 minutes is EXHAUSTING.

It is a short week due to Thanksgiving Monday, thank goodness, but out of four days, three of them are prep-less. And then, the kicker, I lost my two preps this afternoon because I had to go to PD. That makes 4 teaching days without a prep. It's a little nuts.

Jake says I should write something positive, so here are a few things:
1. I'm proud of myself that inspite of this shitty schedule, I am prepared for every class - I greet them at the door and they can see what is coming up on the plan for their class.
2. Jake, what a nice guy, has made dinner so it's ready when I get home almost every night this week
3. It's the middle of October and our heat still isn't on, so we're saving TONS on the bills
4. My determination to stay at work till I'm ready for the next day still means I don't have to bring work home.
5. I watched our grade 7 and 8 girls play volleyball this evening and the won almost all their games and had so much fun together, and were really good! It was great to see them like that.

Comments

  1. that's what jake did for me when R and I were building the house...said to tell him something that was going better than expected...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?