So far:

You know, it wasn't that long ago that the Christmas season was a source of great anxiety and stress for me. Having family in different places geographically and stage-of-life wise made it tricky to get my hands on that 'Christmas'y feeling I had come to associate with the season.

Lately, though, Christmas has returned to its status as one of my favourite times of year. I love the lights, the tree, the family time.

The past two years my mom and siblings have gone to a cabin for the days right around Christmas. We make sure to get one with an outdoor hottub, and spend time together eating, playing games, skiing (except this year there is no snow (BOO to global warming!) so we walked around instead), and cooking ourselves in the hot tub. It is amazing. This year our cabin was 'ultra delux' and it was perfect for us. We completed 2 puzzles (500 pieces and 1000 pieces), read books, watched movies (Jake's first experience with The Sound of Music! He didn't hate it!), played games and explored the area. It was exactly that 'house-full-of-people' feeling I crave, combined with lots of laughter, jokes, and delicious food.

I was going to put up some pics but I can't make it work and am not patient enough to figure it out. So you'll have to use your imaginations.

I am so happy this is not a time filled with stress and anxiety any more. I love this new tradition in my family and I am grateful for the fact that I enjoy spending time with them.

Next up: CUBA!!! With Jaker's family. Which is also going to be hella fun. Can't wait!

Comments

  1. I love that you had a great time....and it's a good thing that Jake didn't hate The Sound of Music! It's a standard in your household;)Even I've been a part of it!!! Happy Christmas....and happy new year! -Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?