blerch

A few days ago an old friend emailed me asking for renovation advice, and also how long it was till we put the walls back up and what it looks like now. Obviously she doesn't read the blog ;)

To be honest, I'm feeling a myriad of things regarding the reno right now. In no particular order:

1. Excited! We have tentatively booked spray foam for July 24 (ish), and drywall to start (hopefully!) on July 26th or 27th. That means there are about 3ish weeks till we're FINISHING things up! And the kitchen can go in! Also, just to add to the exclamation points, Kyle just dropped off some beaming tools that will make tomorrow's jobs of putting up the beams so much easier and faster. That will be big progress.

2. Frustrated. It is REALLY hot right now, and with no insulation, the house is basically an oven. Everything gets more annoying in this kind of heat. The only thing this weather is good for is laying around with your feet in cold water, which I love to do, but can't because my house is a shambles. So I'm battling that a little. Perhaps a little renovation-fatigue is setting in, which is ridiculous because today was the first day we we didn't have to go to work AND work on the house - I should be over joyed! Never-the-less, there it is.

3. Exhausted. Despite having spent the weekend doing a whole lot of sitting, eating, sleeping and floating (and precious little else, except perhaps swatting at bugs), I am wandering around in a fog of grogginess. I think it's because we slowed down. My body is telling me in no uncertain terms that I need a break. Unfortunately for it, a break is not in the cards - not for a while anyway.

Today was spent doing a lot of little jobs that needed to be done, but aren't really photo-worthy. Scott came by this evening and ran a good chunk of the electrical for the main floor, which is also great.

Really, there is tons of good news, and nothing really bad, so I'm not sure what my problem is, but  I figured it is important to record the lows as well as the highs of this experience - if for no other reason than for others to learn and/or relate.

Actually, I do know one of my problems - I am sick of not having anywhere to put anything, and I'm sick of the tiny kitchen, and I'm sick of having to unstack ALL the dishes to get the one I need, and I'm sick of moving our possessions around to make room for new jobs.

Tomorrow there will be pictures galore and more positivity. Promise.

Comments

  1. Hang in there! We are in envy of the work the two of you are puting into your home and the outcome will be your reward even though it may be hard getting there. Just know we're thinking of you & sometimes a good cry in a glass of wine is helpful.

    Scott & Debby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! We appreciate your contribution more than you know...wouldn't be possible without you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?