Extremely Briefly

I have so much to say about all of the following tid bits, but I'm afraid that if I don't do this little blurb, I'm going to forget all of it. Also, I don't know if/when there will be time to write the post I WANT to write, which will be about 10,000 words long.

1. I am old. Proof: At camping last weekend, me (along with most of the other people there) went to bed at 10:30 and got up at 7. Further Proof: While in Vancouver, we went on a hike. What may be my last hike ever, because my knees and hips pretty much gave up functioning on the descent.

2. Old Friends - there is nothing like them: Spent a most amazing weekend with incredible women. We went to high school together, sort of went our separate ways, maintaining various amounts of contact with each other, and now 13 years later we are better friends than ever. 3 days in a 1 bedroom apt with 3 and sometimes 4 people would test any relationship. Ours all thrived. I am blessed to know such wonderful, strong, honest, graceful women. You all make me a better person. Thank you.

3. Exhausted/sick - I feel like crap, and the house isn't giving me much of a chance to get better. There is A LOT to do in the next 2 weeks before spray foam and then drywall - gotta be ready.

4. Chaos and Clutter - for a long time we were kicking this renovation's ass. Our upstairs was neat and tidy and I washed the floors A LOT so we could go without shoes up here. All that is gone now. It's dirty, chaotic, and unorganized. It will stay this way for the next month or so till we can put things back. THIS is why people hate renovations.

5. Second-last Big Mess: Tomorrow the last of the chimney comes down. Besides drywalling, this is the last of the big messes. Praise the Lord. I hope I feel better, because unless I am at death's door, that chimney is coming down tomorrow. And then a beam is going up. And I'm going to clean the upstairs. FLOORS AND ALL. Nothing makes you feel like you're living in a pig sty than having to put your shoes on after a shower so your feet stay (sort of) clean. As clean as your shoes, anyway.

6. Bed-time. 9pm. Not gonna lie, gonna take some gravol to make sure this sleep is a GOOD LONG ONE.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?