hermitage

There is no denying or masking it - I am in full-on hibernation mode. I want nothing but tv, crocheting, wine, homemade chocolate pudding with a little sea-salt on top, and popcorn. going to work is a real chore - not because there are other tasks/demands on my time (FINALLY!), but because I want to do NOTHING in a big way.

Last weekend I almost went out of my way to not hang out with people. Didn't initiate or join in on any plans on Friday or Saturday. Wiggled out of Saturday evening obligation early. I just want to be by myself, in my sweatpants, without talking to anyone.

I sort of want to blame this mood/phase on renovation/wedding hang-over, but the truth is that I regularly feel like wanting to hole up alone. There is no denying it, my friends. Contrary to what may seem obvious, I am not an extrovert. I do love people, in particular my friends and family, but in between events and visiting I am extremely happy to be alone. Poor Jaker doesn't always understand this desire I have to be a lazy lump of a human being (although he did promise in our wedding vows to leave the door on my sunroom so I would always be able to close the door and block out whatever else is going on in the house if I want to be alone.). He is constantly striving to make himself and his surroundings better in some way, whereas I am perfectly happy to live without trim for foreseeable future.

So if you're a friend who hasn't heard from me in a while and is annoyed because I don't want to do anything now that I'm 'married', never fear. It has nothing to do with you or Jake. I am just recharging. Renewing my relationship with the Gilmore Girls, various 90's and early 2000's movies and pretending that I am 24 and have no responsibilities or obligations beyond finishing the next afghan.

I'll return to real life soon, promise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?