For Sale!

We are addicted to selling our stuff on Kijiji. I remember quite clearly when my cousin Alli first introduced me to this website. She was talking about the renovations done on her first house and some of the deals they got through Kijiji, on the buying and selling end. I was surprised that I did not know about this wonderful site!

Now, many years later, we are kicking Kijiji's butt with our sales. You may also remember that I bought my wedding dress on Kijiji. Who doesn't love a deal?

So far we have sold: a desk, a coffee table, 2 night tables, a TV and a rocking chair, and just today my first real couch! We are seriously on a roll.

We are also selling, in case you are interested: Our Stove!

 I know, it's gorgeous, right? I'm sad it has to go. But it's 38 1/2" wide, which is pretty much the width our kitchen will be.
 Apparently stoves in the 50's were made by car-makers, which you can definitely see here. This one is made by Moffat, and it still works like the day it was made.
 Everything lights up!


 This is my absolute favourite part of the stove. INSTRUCTIONS! Every stove should have this. Forget the window.
 Warming oven on the left, stove on the right.
Proof. Made in Canada! You know you want it! Tell everyone you know!


 Next up: The Sink! I'm a little heart-broken about this too. It's (including the drip tray) 42" wide, and we are currently in the market for a sink that is less than 27" wide, so you can see the math issue.
 I googled '1920's porcelain sink' and found one that was opposite, but otherwise EXACTLY like this, including cabinet and cabinet colour. FREAKY!


Gorgeous, no? You can buy this one too!

Next up, the Fireplaces
This is the big one.
And this is the little one.
They both work great, are adorable and heat up a surprising amount. 

I put up all these ads today on good ol' Kijiji, and when I was done I felt a little like a culture-robber, or at least an uncouth developer who has no understanding of the value of history or honouring the era of a house. It seems a little like we are getting rid of everything that make this house a 1920's masterpiece and replacing it with space-age stainless steel. 

Of course, that is not really the case. Some of the quarter-sawn oak wainscotting is going back up (in the parlour) and the mantles will both be used - one in the basement and one in its original location upstairs. Our kitchen uppers will be pretty much exactly the same colour they are now, just updated a little, and MUCH more functional. I know, I'm the only one (except Lori) that needs convincing that we are doing the right thing....If only the kitchen was bigger and we could configure it the way we wanted while keeping the original pieces...sigh.

But seriously, if you know anyone who might be interested in any of the above, please please send them to us. We want them to go to a good home.

Comments

  1. Oh man. The stove and sink are AWESOME!!!!!!! I wish. Out of curiosity, what do you want for the sink? -Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're asking $350 for the cabinet and sink, but who knows what we'll be offered. Know someone who might be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh...the fireplace hot rocks. Remember the one time when the heat wasn't working yet? We held the rocks in our mittens and drank tea....good memories:)
    -Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?