Let's see how we did, shall we?

Time to take stock of how Spring break fared in terms of productivity. As I said before - it was a break only from paying work, not from everything else going on!

So, in order of the previous post, here we go.

1. Cleaning the upstairs and bedroom: DONE! Even washed down ALL the floors on my hands and knees to get that pesky layer of plaster dust off. Except I did commit the sin of washing around things instead of under them. I figured no one was going to walk through the pile of tools or under the sofa.

2. Taxes: All ready to go, except that I have to get my hands on my T4 and T2202a or whatever that one is you get for university. My employer does the T4 online and I have not been able to access it for some odd reason. Many phone calls and emails will be going out next week.

3. Make Candles!: DONE! As with many brides (describing myself as that is so strange), the plan morphed from the original image in my head to incorporate practicality. Instead of dipped beeswax, we made rolled ones - which do not look like they were made by a child. Thankfully. We made 120 candles, though, which was more than I thought we'd get done. I am now in love with making my own candles, and would not put it past myself to make some beeswax tea-lights next week. I just really want to try it!
6. & 4. Shop for fabric and make table runners: DONE! Well, not 100% done, but generous and kind friends who can sew straight lines offered to take the remaining fabric home and finish the sewing. Another thing that morphed as practicality was considered. I originally wanted table runners, but when considering the cost of all that yardage, the plan was adjusted.

5. Shop for bash and crash supplies: DONE! Partly. I bought compostable cups from Great Canadian Wholesale for the keg, and also started harassing local bakeries for their 3 and 5 gallon pails to haul out plaster. Still need a bunch of dust pans (make excellent plaster-scoopers, it turns out!) and more pails. If you have any pails you don't need, let me know!

7. Gather and box mason jars: GETTING THERE! I have 64ish jars ready to go (still need to be washed, of course) - need about 20-30 more, and have offers of those. Awesome!

8. Invitations: Getting there! We got them printed, and have sent out a bunch - mostly to out-of-towners. It's really fun.

In addition to all of that, we also did the following:
 Threw rocks into the ice near Grand Beach to celebrate Jill turning 30.
Jake and Henry John took out both mantles, leaving the house very naked. Jake also finished taking down all the trim, save a few panels of wainscotting and one baseboard that can't come out till the radiator is gone.
 It was delicate work!
I was hoping those bricks would be a facade, but they are most definitely the real deal. That will be fun to bust up on bash and crash day.
Crafted with the ladies: sewing, candle making and needle felting all going at the same time!


Went for a walk in shorts and sandals on March 31st, when it was crazy warm. Jake almost got eaten by a tree - always a hazard when walking through the neighbourhood.

Next up: back to work, visits from Kristy and Jainin,  and putting down cardboard 'carpet' on all the floors for protection, and continuing to sell our stuff on Kijiji. The rule is that when we sell something, we can go out to eat. It's a great motivator. Yesterday we went out for lunch AND dinner! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?