Crazy

Finally, a solid example of the collateral damage this project has exacted on my sanity:

Scene: A few days ago

Jake: Ok, let's get to work. There are lots of jobs to do.
Elisabeth: Can't we take it easy? We've been working so hard. I need to slow the pace down a bit. Let's do fun things! Go for a walk or something!
Jake: There is still lots to do! We can't lose steam!
Elisabeth: I know, but it's summer HOLIDAYS. I need a break!

Scene: Saturday Morning

Jake: Whenever you get up, let's go for a walk.
Me: Yay!
(And then the walk took 2.5 hours because we stopped and visited with various friends and family along the way. Glorious)

Saturday Afternoon

Jake: Winston just called. He wants to know if we are planning to go to the cabin with them.
Elisabeth, hesitating: ....well,
Jake: What!?
Elisabeth: I think we should finish the floor first. We could go if the floor is done.
Jake: You just said you wanted a break! I want to go to the cabin. I think it will be fun. You convinced me to slow down and take it easier and now you're saying we can't have fun, we have to work.
Elisabeth: .... yeah... All of a sudden I started feeling stressed about all the stuff left to do! Plus wedding! Plus school!
Jake: You are driving me INSANE!

Saturday Evening, walking home from an evening out.

Elisabeth: Jake, I've been thinking about the cabin.
Jake: ELISABETH! I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER FLIP-FLOP!
Elisabeth: Let's just work hard till Tuesday and see how we feel. Then we can make a decision. We'll probably be able to go.
Jake, shakes head: You're insane. There is no other descriptor for it. You just convinced me to give the floor a solid run, and now you're saying we don't have to be finished.
Elisabeth: ....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?