A special kind of tired

You'd think that working full time (or more) all summer would mean that going back to paying full time work would be easier than in other years, right? Jake says it is for him. I am finding, however, that I am more tired now, after 3 days with kids, than I was after full days of working on the house.

The other thing is there is no lead-up time at school. It is FULL STEAM AHEAD, right from day 1. This new resource position comes with a steep learning curve, and a lot of PD. I get handed a dozen sheets of paper a day with things on them that I need to attend to - messages, phone calls, follow ups - it's insane!

Anyway, it'll all get figured out.

You know, it's not that I don't like my job - I do like it. It's just that I like not-working more than working. I think that would be true of any job I had, to be honest.

Every day this week Jake and I have basically been zombies when we get home from work - just make dinner, watch a few 'Justified's', and go to bed.

In other news:

Jake has also been washing wine bottles like a maniac. We weren't sure how many we needed (we wrote it down somewhere, but then promptly lost it), but then we realized that it probably wasn't more than 1 bottle per person, especially considering we're also buying beer.

The counters are (THEY BETTER) coming next Friday, so we're doing a little prep for them. Dishwasher tomorrow, new fridge plugged in, and we are closer than we were!

Also, lots of wedding to-do's being knocked off this weekend.

What in heaven's name are we going to do with ourselves after October 10th ish,when all the wedding stuff is cleaned up and put away? I do not know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?