Venereal Disease

I know, that is not what VD stands for. Well, sometimes it does.

It's Valentines day, my second one in a committed relationship with the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. He's out for beer with a friend and I am enjoying some much needed alone time. Isn't that wonderful!?

To be fair to Jake, this is not what he originally wanted for this particular day of the calendar year. He is much mushier and romantic-er than I am. I am the one that will need reminding of every/all anniversary we will celebrate, while he will be the one to drop gentle hints.

No, I quashed his plans for romantic Valentine's Day's last year when I informed him that I spend the 14th with the girls every year (except this year because everyone is busy and/or tired. boo lame!).

The thing is, sure, it's nice to think about and celebrate being with someone. That's what you have your special days for, anniversaries and holidays, and hopefully just regular days when you enjoy hanging out together.

Having a day when there is pressure exerted on EVERYONE to be happy and 'attached' is ludicrous. We should not stand for that nonsense.

That is what I wanted to say.

In other news, it is only 7:50, but I SERIOUSLY could go to bed RIGHT NOW and sleep through the night. It was one of those kind of days, and there's another one coming tomorrow. The good news is, Monday is Louis Riel day (known as 'Family Day' in the rest of the country, I believe) and therefore it is an extra day to sleep in and/or ski! Awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?