And the winner is!

So. Kitchen. I believe we went to the first kitchen place in February. Now, 2 months later, we have decided who will build the kitchen!

My uncle Henry John! Isn't that amazing?

Let me tell you about this. HJ is a master-builder and went to school to become a cabinet maker. However, working in a factory is not his style - so he does various projects from home. He builds the most gorgeous bookshelves, rocking chairs, cutting boards - you name it, he builds it. He also built our bed and night tables to match. He is incredible.

I hadn't talked to him about the kitchen because kitchens aren't his favourite thing to do. Much to my surprise he suggested that he could do it! So it's a win-win situation all around. He gets the experience of doing a kitchen on his own, we get to have him around a lot, and we get a quality product and the best part for me is that it continues the home-made ness of this whole process and house. I love the idea that we are doing as much of the work ourselves as we can, and having HJ do this part seems like a natural fit.

Very very excited about this! It's going to add to this experience in the best possible way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?