Spring Break

Ahh, yes, that most hallowed of holidays. Spring break! A week off! After this, it is a runaway race to the end of the year! Yipee!

Since we are insane (see title of blog) and have assigned ourselves another full time job and a half (reno = 1, wedding = 1/2) on top of our paying work, this is only a break from going to school. The pace of productivity shall not slow. In fact, it may speed up! As I type, Jake is readying to switch part of the basement stairs around with some buddies. This is the first highly tangible, structural work towards the goal of the new main floor. This means we will reclaim a corner of the kitchen and hopefully eke out some inches for a highly functional entrance that will become the most-often used.

I am cleaning, packing, organizing and prepping for some days at a cabin in the woods with friends, and also for the jobs I have given myself for the rest of the week. Which is what this post is mostly about. My job list. This way I will be held accountable, you see!

In no particular order, here we go:

1. Clean the second floor/ready for visitors (yay, Jainin!), try to minimize downstairs dirt from coming up the stairs continuously. Related: we are no longer really 'cleaning' the main floor. It is a shoe-zone because keeping up with the dust that will continue to rain down is not really feasible.

2. My taxes. Jake has already filed his - he does them himself ON PAPER. I do not. As has been chronicled, I am a master procrastinator of the taxes. Not this year, however! This year we need that return to help pay for the money we are starting to spend hand over fist. Also, mine take a little more figuring and math since I have the rental property to deal with.

3. Make candles! Just because there isn't enough to do. No really, did you know that you can buy beeswax for 3.50/pound!? And that if you buy already-made beeswax candles they are CRAZY expensive? So obviously I'm (with help, of course) going to make them. It will be much nicer than dollarama candles.

4. Sew table runners! Yes! more wedding decorations! Also getting help with this one because I can't sew. Well, I am able to run a sewing machine, but not in a straight line.

5. Shop for bash and crash supplies! They have compostable cups and plates and cutlery at Great Canadian Wholesale for not that expensive, so I'm going to go stock up! Also we will need them for the wedding.

6. Shop for fabric for the table runners! I guess this should come before #4, but I did say 'in no particular order'.

7. Gather and box up mason jars for the wedding. This one won't be hard - just takes some math.

8. Start sending out invitations!? Just got the final draft of the invitation back from our awesome designer, and it is incredible. I have no idea if this will happen, and quite frankly, there may not be time anyway. But I'm excited about it!

I think that might be it for now. Who knows. We'll see.

So now you can help me, internet. Keep me on track! It's so easy to waste a day reading and watching tv.

Comments

  1. I have a whole box of Mason Jars and a sewing machine ready for candle making/table runner day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots if old crayons for your candle making if you want to add colour. Not purist but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like good times....happy spring break:)
    Love...Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and would like to marry you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?