Ahhhhh.....

Well, this was the best weekend I've had in a long time. An excellent balance of junk food and activity. Except a little more on the junkfood side.

First, a few pics from the movie extravaganza yesterday that I didn't include in my initial post:
 The idea was to have sugar cereal during the first movie (breakfast!). I found the KRAVE. It's chocolate-filled chocolate puffs. The first ingredient is 'chocolate filling', whose first ingredient is sugar. It was delicious. Not that I ate it with milk, that would be gross. But it's pretty good as finger food, even if it does look a little like dog food. Also, we had pistachios and chips, naturally. As well as popcorn, farmer sausage, vietnamese food, pizza, pie, and ice cream. Not all at the same time.
 It was snowing yesterday and Jake conned Scott into shovelling our deck by asking him to fill the cooler. 

So obviously, we were all feeling more than a little gross by the time that last movie had ended and I forced everyone to choke down pie and ice cream. This morning we slept in (amazing that I was so tired considering I literally lay around ALL DAY yesterday), and then went SKIING! First ski of the year! Last year I don' think we could go till well into January. This is WAY better! 

 Me, Jake, Jeope. We were the slow ones. But I'm ok with that. My body is going to be letting me know how hard that was tomorrow, with a vengeance.

 That speck up there is Kerry, skiing for two with aplomb. Loren, Adam and Jon were at least 10 minutes ahead of us by this time.

Especially because Jake wanted to actually stop for a picture - the rest were all taken on the fly.


The snow was soft and fresh, the sky was blue, my arms were aching, and my hip-flexors were begging for mercy. It was a perfect first-ski of the season. Here's hoping we can go at least once a week till the snow leaves us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?