simple pleasures

You know what the thing is about blogging every day? Not every post is going to be a winner. I fear this may be one of the less-good ones.

Does anyone else drive standard? And love it? Seriously. Generally, I don't really like driving in the city. I get road-rage when other people are stupid and let's face it, in Winnipeg there are more dumb drivers than good drivers. However, I do LOVE driving in the city when there isn't a lot of traffic and I can make my little civic do exactly what I want it to with the touch of a pedal or two. I like shifting into a lower gear to get some speed quickly (required on the civic as it is just a wee bit gutless), or into a higher one to milk the fuel efficiency. This is probably related to my need to control things, isn't it?

Anyway, there are some days when I really take delight in driving the car - so much so that I can't imagine ever having an automatic. I'll be sad when the civic reaches the end of its life, although who knows when that will be. 270,000kms and going strong!

See? Not a winner of a post. This is what happens when I don't have a ton of projects to write about!

Also when I don't have a ton of time in which to craft something. But don't worry, I have some good ideas stored up in my brain for when I have more time.

Comments

  1. This is a good post. Glad to hear the Civic is running well. That has to be the best car ever built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's avaluable comment on standards...I would if I lived in the flatlands, but hills challenge me too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this post. I don't really like driving in general, but I do like driving standard better than automatic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?