mittagsschlafen (or metaschlope)

The Sunday afternoon nap. Is there anything better? I really think not.

The sun was streaming in my sunroom today - enough so that I read out there instead of on the corner couch by the fire. It was gorgeous. But you know what reading in the sun does to you, right? Especially in the afternoon?

This was one of those naps that you fall into SO DEEPLY that when you wake up you feel totally disoriented and a little confused. Even more so if you're jolted out of it by the phone ringing. I tried to fake it, but I'm sure my friend Karin realized that there was something wrong with me - I could not get my bearings! I had to think extra hard about everything she was saying just to make sense of it and place in context. Ahhhh the nap.

Jake typically does not understand this desire I have to spend daylight time sleeping. He sees sleep as a waste of time - it's time you could be DOING something! His brother agrees with him, whereas my sister and I know that the best thing of all to be 'doing' is to be snuggled up under covers and cozy, drifting into dreamland.

ahhhhhh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?