longest hang-over of all time.

Don't worry, not from booze.

I have eczema on my eyelid. And on my left index finger. The kids keep asking me what's wrong with my eye because even glasses can't hide the glaring red splotch that is sometimes gross and scaly.

This is a remnant of childhood for me that rears its ugly head when I've been stressed or tired for a while. It's been around for a few weeks now, and is showing no sign of letting up.

Jake, the energizer bunny of getting things done, has been very tired lately - deep down in his bones tired.

Sometimes I think everything is ok and life is just like it always is, but then life throws a curveball at one or both of us and we react in not-so-helpful-or-mature ways. After the moment has passed and the calm one has finished talking the losing-it-one off the ledge, we realize that this is all residual renovation exhaustion.

Turns out that 2 month long summer break really is necessary! And if you don't get it for whatever reason, well, expect the ramifications to be felt for a while.

(Don't worry - we're both fine and happy and healthy - just don't always have a lot of problem-solving good cheer to go around. And also, I'm super-lazy.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?