even though I know better.

Does anyone else do this, or is it just me?

Scene:
My principal has a chocolate stash in his office. For real. And he lets me indulge occasionally, figuring I'll get more work done if I'm not accosting students for their candy/running to the corner store to get my own.

Situation:
Renovating was great for many things, not the least of which giving me a kick-start back to the size I like to be - helping trim down those inches that gradually snuck up on me when I stopped running and Jake started feeding me wine and cheese when I walked in the door from school. Now, however, there is no renovating. There is winter. Wherein I like to watch tv, cuddle up under a blanket, and sit around. All sedentary. Sure, I walk to work and my job usually entails running up and down three flights of stairs several times a day, but I have no trouble consuming as many calories as I'm burning.

Problem:
So even though I know that since I'm not as active as I was in the summer, and I can't afford to eat like a maniac - EVEN THOUGH I KNOW I don't really want that chocolate bar, it's like I HAVE to eat it. I can't resist it!

Confession:
Today my principal was out of the office all day, and I was writing report cards, and my lunch was so healthy! I may have taken 2 chocolate bars from his office and scarfed 'em down as fast as I could. Not at the same time, though. One at lunch and one after school.

But SERIOUSLY!!!! When I am I going to gain some self control?!

Minor win: I didn't make mac and cheese or frozen pizza (they were on sale! $3! We have a freezer now! May have gone a little crazy in the frozen-food department when I went shopping on the weekend) for supper, even though I arrived home to a dark house and could have done either thing, consumed the entirety of it and hidden the evidence. I had leftover tom yum soup I made from scratch. That was pretty healthy. But then I had nachos after because I wanted something crunchy.

So....can we call this a wash? We can't, can we. I definitely didn't need to eat TWO kit-kat's today.

Shoot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?