never too old (hopefully)

I remember being at CMU with all my friends, wondering when/how our parents, who had gone to CMBC (CMU's forebearer), changed from being people like us (poor, no clothes, refused to pay for food if we could avoid it, went where the cheapest beers were, stayed up all night and ordered pizza for $7 from slices at 3am, wrote papers the day before they were due etc etc) to being who they were now - the people who could afford to (at least help) send us to CMU. People who paid for things like cable and cars and who didn't seem as passionate about the issues of the world like we were. I wondered if that same transition would happen to me. Would I realize it was happening? Would I accept it? Would I fight back if I did recognize this process occurring?

(there is a whole other post in here about how I feel about this now, but I'm not going there tonight)

Now I look at old people, like REALLY old people, and wonder how that transition will be. Will I be fit? Will my mind still be sharp? Will I retain my sense of humor? Will I be stuck in my ways and unable to identify with whatever the next generations are into?

I really hope I'm in better shape than these people, but just as up for some fun. Enjoy. Made me smile a whole heck of a lot. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bill 64: The Public School Modernization Act is Racist

A Sibling for Rudi?